Law school is depressing, so this week we’re talking about MAKEUP!
I am a shameless makeup addict! Sephora, Ulta & MAC are no strangers to my wallet. I wasnt always into makeup, but during my freshman year of college I discovered the world Youtube Beauty Guru’s. Continue reading “10 Makeup Must-Haves”
This week’s adventures in law school brings us to the lovely topic of legal writing (LWR). Everything was going so well! LOL.
I’ve struggled with writing so much this past week. I knew coming in that I was nervous about the class, but I didn’t realize it would be so stressful! Continue reading “Legal Writing is…”
4 weeks into law school and I am alive and well! I can’t believe it’s already been a month, I guess time flies when you’re having “fun.”
So far I can honestly say it hasn’t been bad. All of the horror stories you hear are over-hyped and obnoxious. During the semester you do the same thing everyday. I’ve read hundreds of boring pages, I’ve been cold-called, and I’ve spent hours in the library. It’s boring, but it’s not hard……yet.
From what I hear the most difficult times of the semester are the days prior to legal writing due dates and finals. I haven’t experienced those days yet, but when I do I’ll be sure to revisit the topic.
Here’s some law school do’s & dont’s if you’re starting next year.
- Don’t even think about doing 0L prep. In my opinion, it won’t do much good.
- You’ll probably forget most of what you learn and professors teach what they want to teach. If they choose not to cover adverse possession in property, reading about it over the summer would be a complete waste. Why spend your free time reading when you could be laying out on the beach?
- Dont think that working in a law firm will make you a better student.
- Having a background on a legal subject can be nice, but it doesn’t mean you’ll get an A in the class. Everyone starts out on the same playing field, what you do from there is what counts.
- Do make friends prior to starting.
- Most schools have a Facebook page for incoming students, use it! You’ll be glad you did when you don’t have to sit next to a stranger on the first day of class.
- Do RELAX. It wont be as bad as it seems!
I’m feeling good so far, bring it on law school!
Purchasing books in law school is no different from undergrad, I was always trying to save a dollar! My law school budgets almost $2,000 a year just for books! This semester bought 7 books, one of which was a supplement that was only sold in my law school bookstore -_-
I don’t know about you all but I don’t have that much money to spend on some paper & binding. So, what options do you have? Continue reading “Books, Books and More Books”
Do you guys remember when I was worried about signing a lease on an apartment that I had never seen?
Yeah, that was a waste of energy. I’m in love with this apartment, absolutely in love. I honestly should have known it was going to be great under the circumstances of how I found it. The situation (Read about it Here) sucked, but mysteriously worked itself out in such a short time.
Here’s a list of reasons why this apartment is awesome.
- 2nd floor
- Den/office space
- Full laundry room
- Cabinet space
- Less than 10 mins away from the law school
- Free parking
- HUUUUGE bedroom
- and so much more!
I look back to times like this when I’m stressing and freaking out about something. It helps remind me that my stress is most likely unnecessary & things will work themselves out in the end.
There’s no reason to worry.
♥ I GOT MY SCHEDULE ♥
As the title of this post says, I got my class schedule the other day! It was such an exciting moment, I immediately took a screenshot & sent it to Brandon & Tisha. I was in the car dealership & everyone was wondering why I was jumping up and down haha.
So, here’s my schedule!
Contracts ♥ Property ♥ Legal Writing ♥ Legal Reserach ♥ Criminal Law
*Click the photo to enlarge
- What am I going to do with the 3 hours between class on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday (Read, duh)
- One of the other sections doesn’t have class on Fridays, I’m jealous
- No evening classes thank GOD!
Overall I’m really happy with my schedule, nothing absolutely horrible so I can deal. lol
The process of choosing which law schools to apply to can be difficult. When my journey began, I based my choices on the most popular ranking system U.S. News Law School Rankings. Why? Because everyone always talked about how prestigious Harvard is, and how smart Yale students are. What I failed to realize however, was in MY order of importance prestige was at the bottom. Continue reading “How Important Are Law School Rankings?”