After an amazing Christmas break, I thought I would come back to school rejuvenated & ready to work.
I was wrong! I gave my ALL in the fall & I just didn’t have anything else to give. LOL. I crawled to the finish line of this semester just thankful that I made it to the end. I had to write a 30 page brief, interview for jobs, network, comprehend torts, & maintain my sanity.
Even though I felt completely overwhelmed. A lot of positive things happened this semester, so let’s get caught up:
- My 1L summer will be spent working as a legal intern at a Fortune 500 company! :O
- I’m living in Chicago for the next 2 months
- I was selected to compete on the college of law’s official Trial Team!
- I’m the BLSA 1L coordinator for 2016-2017
- I’m now on the board of the Woman’s Law Society
- I found the most amazing friend & we’re going to be roommates next year!
- I’m seeing Beyonce with my best friend (Read her blog ByTisha) on May 28th
Nothing can top Beyonce so that’s the end of the list. I’m sorry for the lack of blog posts this semester. I’ll be posting frequently throughout the summer!
Thanks for reading😘
Purchasing books in law school is no different from undergrad, I was always trying to save a dollar! My law school budgets almost $2,000 a year just for books! This semester bought 7 books, one of which was a supplement that was only sold in my law school bookstore -_-
I don’t know about you all but I don’t have that much money to spend on some paper & binding. So, what options do you have? Continue reading “Books, Books and More Books”
♥ I GOT MY SCHEDULE ♥
As the title of this post says, I got my class schedule the other day! It was such an exciting moment, I immediately took a screenshot & sent it to Brandon & Tisha. I was in the car dealership & everyone was wondering why I was jumping up and down haha.
So, here’s my schedule!
Contracts ♥ Property ♥ Legal Writing ♥ Legal Reserach ♥ Criminal Law
*Click the photo to enlarge
- What am I going to do with the 3 hours between class on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday (Read, duh)
- One of the other sections doesn’t have class on Fridays, I’m jealous
- No evening classes thank GOD!
Overall I’m really happy with my schedule, nothing absolutely horrible so I can deal. lol
I have about 3-4 posts that I’m really looking forward to uploading in the next few days. The past week has been CRAY! I’m packing all of my belongings into 5 boxes & hoping to fit them all in my car O_O.
Here’s what the next 20-25 days looks like:
July 18: Pack up & head to Palm Beach
July 19: Something big might be happening this day, I don’t want to jinx myself but I’ll fill you in on what goes down.
July 19-July 30th: Family time 💜
July 31: I officially move out & Brandon officially moves into his place!
Aug 1: Aug 7: Best friend time: www.bytisha.com 💜
Aug 8: GRADUATION
Aug 9: MY BIRTHDAYYYY
Aug 10th: Illinois
Okay, so I’m kinda busy. I will not be slacking on the blog posts though, so get excited!!